Boswellia serrata is a tree found in India, North Africa and the Middle East.
The resin from the tree is used to make the extract. This is where the bioactive compounds boswellic acids are.
Boswellic acids are pentacyclic triterpenic acids (shown in the image of the compound). There are four main actives: β-boswellic acid, acetyl-β-boswellic acid, 11-keto-β-boswellic acid and acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid.
In-vitro studies have shown that boswellic acids inhibits the synthesis of the proinflammatory enzyme 5-LO, that is responsible for generating inflammation caused by free-radical damage.
Made in Australia
Health benefits (indications)
2. RELIEVES PAIN
3. RELIEVES MILD JOINT ACHES & PAINS
4. relieves symptoms of mild arthritis/ osteoarthritis
5. HELPS MAINTAIN A HEALTHY BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL
6. HELPS IMPROVE METABOLISM
7. Supports liver health & protects the liver
8. rELIEVES SYMPTOMS OF MEDICALLY DIAGNOSED IRRITABLE BOWEL SYMDROME (ibs)